Sunday, January 10, 2010

It's good to be back

I arrived back to Geneva on Thursday after spending about three weeks at home in Louisiana. I had such a wonderful time at home with my family and friends. I had some good quality time with the people I love and enjoyed some good louisiana sunshine and food. It is good to be back though and I'm ready to get back into the swing of things. I've been busy enjoying the wintry weather and catching up with friends. Friday I went for a run in the snow and met up with a good friend in Geneva and then had dinner at a teacher's house in a little village about 30 minutes from St. Julien. Her and her husband had cooked some curry and invited some teachers to her house. It was great fun and we got into some good discussion. I got home at 2am, fell asleep at 4:30am (jetlag!!!) and woke up at 7 to go skiing with some friends. I felt terrible all day but had a great time with my friends on the mountain. We went to ski resort called Semoens about an hour from here. At one point, we were above the clouds and we were surrounded by a sea of clouds and beautiful jagged mountain peaks. I have never seen anything like that! Incredibly beautiful.
Today I went to church and had lunch with a group of friends at a little cafe right on Lake Geneva, near the Turkish baths in Pacquis. It was so wonderful seeing my friends and hearing about their travels during the holidays. After lunch I headed to the airport with a friend to pick Lauren up from the airport. She flew from Houston to London, London to Geneva. She was supposed to get here on Friday and JUST got here today, Sunday! The weather has been snowy all over Europe and the airports have been everso hectic. But finally she made it, unpacked her bags, and we are both resting up and catching up on sleep...although I have the worse case of jet lag I've ever experienced!

No comments:

Post a Comment